|Date of Birth||October 1, 1980|
|Birthplace||Charlottesville, Virginia, US|
|Character Name||April Kepner|
|Seasons Active||6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11|
Sarah Drew plays April Kepner on Grey's Anatomy. She also appeared in two episodes of season two of Private Practice as a character named Judy.
Drew was born in Charlottesville, Virginia and raised in Stony Brook, New York on Long Island. Her mother, Dr. Jean Drew, is a science teacher. Her father, Charles Drew, is the senior pastor at Emmanuel Presbyterian Church in New York City. Her second cousin is actor Benjamin McKenzie. Drew began acting in school plays, community theater with Take One Theatre Arts, and Summerstock.
Drew received a Bachelor's degree in Drama from the University of Virginia in 2002. Drew and her husband, Peter Lanfer, reside in Los Angeles.
Drew is good friends with fellow Everwood star Emily VanCamp.
She and her husband have two children.
In 1997, while still in high school, Drew lent her voice to the animated television series Daria, playing the character Stacy Rowe. She also voiced that same character in the Daria animated television movies Is It Fall Yet? and Is It College Yet?
In 2001, Drew made her professional stage debut as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, New Jersey. She made her Broadway debut in 2003 in Vincent in Brixton, which later took her to London's West End. She made the move to television with a guest-starring role in the series Wonderfalls, and was in the feature film Radio, starring Cuba Gooding Jr. She appeared in the theatrical feature American Pastime, as Katie Burrell, the daughter of a Japanese relocation camp sergeant.
On June 9, 2010, she was promoted to a series regular on Grey's Anatomy.
- Saturn Returns (2015)
- Moms' Night Out (2014)
- Walking Marshall Walker (short) (2013)
- Headlights (short) (2013)
- Tug (2010)
- Inside the Box (2009)
- Front of the Class (2008)
- Wieners (2008)
- The Violin (short) (2007)
- American Pastime (2007)
- Reinventing the Wheelers (2007)
- Locked Upstairs (2006)
- The Baxter (2005)
- Radio (2003)
- Daria in 'It It College Yet?' (2002)
- Daria in 'It It Fall Yet?' (2000)
- Grey's Anatomy (2009-present)
- Seattle Grace: Message of Hope (2010)
- Miami Medical (2010)
- Supernatural (2010)
- Glee (2009)
- Mad Men (2008-2009)
- In Plain Sight (2009)
- Numb3rs (2009)
- Castle (2009)
- Private Practice (2008-2009)
- Privileged (2008)
- Medium (2008)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2007)
- Cold Case (2006)
- Everwood (2004-2006)
- Wonderfalls (2004)
- Daria (1997-2001)
Notes and Trivia Edit
- Despite many actors having portrayed two different character on the two shows, Sarah Drew is the only main cast of one show to have played a different character on the other. Other main cast members have always portrayed their character crossing over when they appeared on the other show.